Barreau du Québec
- The website contains a directory of members of the Barreau du Québec (the law association of Québec), as well as a referral service to lawyers, a repertoire of lawyer-mediators, and a referral service for free consultations in case of emergency.
- The section “For the Public” contains video clips (in French only) of the series Le droit de savoir regarding the law applicable in Québec as well as information on access to justice and the client/lawyer relationship.
Bar of Montréal
- In the section “Need a lawyer?”, there are links to both a referral service and an emergency service that can help you locate a lawyer who is a member of the Bar of Montréal, according to your needs.
- The Bar of Montréal also offers, in collaboration with the Young Bar of Montréal and the Direction des services judiciaires de la Métropole, a free legal consultation service (by appointment only) to assist and prepare people who have to appear in court.
Barreau de Québec
- The website includes a referral service to lawyers, members of the Barreau de Québec, who offer free preliminary half-hour consultations. Assistance services are also offered in case of emergency. For those who qualify for legal aid, the Barreau de Québec provides referrals to lawyers who accept legal aid mandates.
Young Bar of Montréal (YBM) and Jeune Barreau de Québec (JBQ)
- These associations of young lawyers offer free consultation services on the procedures to follow in court. The YBM offers these services to people who are not represented by a lawyer and who have received a summons to appear at a hearing before a court or an administrative tribunal. The JBQ, however, only offers these services for hearings before the Small Claims Court.